Keep your storeroom stocked with everything it needs, and not an item more
If you’ve ever seen a well-run storeroom, it’s unmistakable: all of the consumables are stocked at optimal levels, all the reusable items are where you expect them to be, and there’s no huge, unnecessary stock of items taking up space and wasting money. A storeroom that’s managed well increases worker productivity, facilitates more predictability and strategy in the buying process, minimizes downtime for equipment maintenance, and streamlines the supply chain. In an environment managed by GopherWerx Storeroom, powerful storeroom management software and modular hardware combine to offer vendor-managed and self-operated locations a simple, accurate, and efficient system for storeroom inventory management.
Storeroom Management Software and Hardware Solutions by GopherWerx
The GopherWerx Storeroom solution simplifies complex storeroom processes and provides thorough reporting around storeroom activity:
- Various levels of security can be set up to allow authorized employees to use their IDs to gain entry, creating an automatic log of users and patrons who have accessed the storeroom. (Requires the GoSecure add-on)
- RFID or barcode scanning equipment facilitates a streamlined check-in/check-out transaction process.
- Alternately, employees can use the GoMobile application and any connected hand scanner to log transactions on the move. (Requires the GoMobile add-on)
- Built-in reports include transaction summaries, item history, patron history, “fast movers”, and more. Additional reports can be developed as needed for your workflow.
- The storeroom management software facilitates inventory audits on whatever schedule you set.
The powerful reporting engine provides a detailed, accurate picture of inventory levels, usage, and carrying costs. Storeroom supervisors can easily determine tool maintenance requirements, expiring parts, overstock, and restock needs.
The business case for using GopherWerx Storeroom management software
The cost savings and inventory optimization offered through GopherWerx Storeroom offers numerous benefits to companies with busy storerooms and tool cribs:
- Having replacement parts consistently available enables timely repairs, so equipment is up and running longer.
- Inventory transactions can be tracked by individual, cost center, billable job, zone, or location.
- Restocking alerts help guard against out-of-stock issues including the cost of high priority shipping.
- Real-time updates to a centralized cloud-based database means inventory counts remain accurate across all zones and locations.
- The system tracks when stored items require scheduled preventive maintenance, so there’s no surprises or compliance issues regarding replacement parts or tools remaining in safe working condition.
- Following lean inventory management best practices reduces overstock issues, streamlines purchasing and frees up storage space.
The flexibility of the inventory management software behind GopherWerx Storeroom enables our customers to craft the optimum storeroom inventory solution for unique circumstances. If any of Storeroom’s out-of-the-box capabilities aren’t a perfect fit for your situation, contact Freedom RFID to discuss a custom solution that will work better.